Princeton Chin - Basic Action
This is the basic action from the Chin Series in the Princeton Offense.
- 1 and 3 dribble interchange with a handoff
- 2 and 4 cut and switch places
The thing to emphasize here is that each player is replacing their partner. 4 should end up in 2's spot and 2 should end up in 4's spot (and vice versa with 1 and 3).
- 3 takes 1-2 dribbles to get to their spot and then passes to 2
- 2 reverses to 4
- 5 sets the "chin" screen for 3
- 4 looks for 3 at the rim
- If 3 is not open, they cut to the corner
- Now, 5 sets a flare screen for 2
- 5 rolls/slips to the rim
- 4 either passes to 5 at the rim or 2 on the flare
- Now we are into our offense. We can run another play, run conceptual offense, or set Chin back up