Your last pair of basketball sneakers has absolutely no traction left, you had to glue the outer-sole back onto the upper, and the cushioning has completely bottomed out? Believe me, I’ve been there! I like to wear my shoes as long as physically possible because finding new and affordable basketball shoes is something I do NOT enjoy. There are so many different models to choose from and hunting for the best bargain can be a real time sink.
I believe there are many basketball players out there who face the exact same problem at the beginning of each new season. And that’s why I’ve decided to create this resource to help you find the best basketball shoes on a budget you can afford.
Why is this resource more helpful than others?
Usually, if you write an article about cheap basketball shoes it is already outdated a few days later. New shoes are released all the time, older models get huge rebates and online stores offer great discount codes from time to time.
To prevent this article from being useless in a week, I coded a tool that checks the prices on the most popular basketball shoe stores and updates them daily. Even better: It also checks all available discount codes to find the one that offers you the most savings!
This way, you can bookmark this page, come back at any time and you are always guaranteed to find the best deals available on the web!
The following list shows you the best basketball shoes currently available under $100 ordered by the average rating of their performance.
If you want to find more cheap basketball shoes, you can check out the complete list of shoes here. Pro tip: Sort the list by “best price” to find some amazing deals
- Comfortable Boost cushioning, premium materials and great traction
- Works for players of all positions
- Amazing traction, well-balanced cushioning, and very good fit
- Perfect if you are looking for an affordable all-around performer with no weaknesses
- Improves the already great performance of the PG2 by adding an additional forefoot strap for more lockdown
- Perfect if you are looking for an affordable all-around performer without any weaknesses.
- Outstanding herringbone traction pattern picks up very little dust.
- Good all-around performance basketball shoe at a fair price
- Provides responsive cushioning, good traction and great lockdown.
- Works best for quick guards looking for a low-to-the-ground, responsive and light basketball shoe.
- Comfortable full-length Zoom Air cushioning
- Best for explosive and powerful players
- Great fit, good traction, and much-improved impact protection
- Affordable, well-rounded basketball shoe
- Unique lacing system allows you to customize the fit
- Affordable performer for players with slightly wider feet
- Solid traction and Zoom Air units in heel and forefoot
- Perfect for players with narrow feet who like to ball outdoors.
- Bouncy forefoot Zoom Air cushioning and traction that performs even on dusty courts.
- Affordable all-around performer without any weaknesses.
How do you find great deals?
Option #1- Budget Models or Shoes From Last Season
Find well-performing budget models at an affordable list price or older models that sell for a much-reduced price because their successor is already out. Well-known budget models like the Mamba Mentality, Nike Zoom Live or Under Armour Charged Controller are not backed by signature players and retail for around $100. These models often perform just as well as much more expensive signature line shoes, but save money by focusing on more affordable materials, less cutting-edge tech and a much smaller marketing budget.
On the other hand, you can find signature shoes like Air Jordans or the Kobe line that often entered the market at almost $200 for half their price if you are willing to wait for a year.
Option #2 – Clearance Sales and Discount Codes
From time to time, online shoe stores like Eastbay.com, ChampsSports or FootLocker will offer you a discount of up to 20% so they can clear their warehouses and make room for new models. Sometimes you can also combine already-discounted or very affordable shoes with a clearance sale to get the very best deals!
Below you can find a list of current discount codes, but I’d advise you to read the whole article and then come back to them. Because I want to show you how you can not only find cheap shoes, but also the shoes that offer the best value overall!
Best Valid Discount Codes for Basketball Shoes:
- 15% off $75 (valid until Nov 30, 2018)
- $15 off $150 (valid until Nov 30, 2018)
How to Get the Best Bang for Your Buck
In order to find the shoes that provide the best value we need to know two things about each shoe: price and performance. I put a lot of time and effort in creating a basketball shoe database that contains average review scores from sources like weartesters.com, solecollector.com and many popular sneaker Youtube Channels. This database also pulls current prices from online shops. This allows me to easily find affordable sneakers that got the thumbs up from real shoe experts.
You can check out the complete list of basketball shoes here.